7.16.2008

Bar review takes over my life...

I was getting the sense that Alden might replace me on our upcoming trip if i didn't write something soon. I'm living at the Eastern Shore these days cramming for the VA Bar Exam, which commences exactly 2 weeks from today and is 12 hours in length (over a period of 2 days). So needless to say, I don't imagine I'm be sending much in the way of updates until August rolls around, except for possibly the occasional "still studying...and have not attempted to drown boyfriend out of sheer frustration with Virginia law."

My visa experience was definitely better than Alden's, mostly because I took Helen with me to share the pain. Things were looking a bit grim at first, as the "now serving" ticker above the counter did not move from number 121 for the first 30 minutes that we were in the office (and I was number 148). Plus, I had gotten poor Helen all excited about going to the Chinese embassy, and it turns out that the Visa Office is entirely separate from the embassy, and in a run-of-the-mill office building. I think she forgave me, however, when the line starting actually moving and we were out the door in just under an hour.

That's all for now, as I must get back to secured transactions -- in a dispute between a purchase money security interest and an after-acquired collateral financier, who wins?

1 comment:

Amy said...

"I'm be sending" -- really? My great fear is that I will write something like that on the essay portion of the bar exam, and the grader will award me no points on the essay because I am clearly an idiot who should not be practicing law in VA.

You may know us as....